The DAVx⁵ app synchronizes both calendar and contacts.
- Install the Nextcloud app for Android.
- Open the Settings of the Nextcloud app.
- Choose “Sync calendar & contacts”.
- DAVx⁵ will open with
- pre-filled URL/user name, or
- Nextcloud Login Flow (requires Nextcloud app 3.9.0+ and DAVx⁵ 2.6+).
- Base URL:
- Contact group method: groups are per-contact categories
- User name and password: Proxcloud app password.
- Download the DAVx⁵ app on your smartphone / tablet via the Google Play Store or F-Droid.
- Open the DAVx⁵ app.
- You can choose to directly install the OpenTasks app when prompted in the DAVx⁵ app. With the OpenTasks app you can also synchronize tasks in the future.
- You may get a popup saying that system-wide synchronization is disabled. In that notification, press Enable. Then press the orange plus at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select “Login with URL and username” when prompted.
- Enter the following credentials:
- Username: Your username
- Password: an App password generated using this manual
- Now enter a account name and select Groups are per-contact categories
- Press finish.