Use this manual only if you have not previously installed our module in your WHMCS installation.
Please follow the instructions here if you want to upgrade from a previous version.
Connect to your WHMCS server via (s)FTP or SSH and upload the Nextcloud folder to
ROOT_DIRECTORY is the main directory where WHMCS is installed.
Generate App Password in Nextcloud
This module requires an app password for authentication with the API. Take the following steps to generate the password.
- Open your Nextcloud admin portal (e.g. cloud.domain.tld).
- Open the settings page by clicking your profile picture (upper right corner) and clicking Settings.
- Open the Security Tab in the left menu.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in an App Name under the
Devices & sessionssection. Click
Create new app password.
- Copy and paste this password to a secure location. You will need this password later in the installation process. Treat this password as a regular password! If third parties get this password, they can take control of your Nextcloud Server.
Add Email Template to WHMCS
- Navigate to
Setup -> Email Templatesinside your WHMCS admin area.
- Click the
Create New Email Templatebutton.
Email Typeand enter a Unique name in the field. You can enter something like Nextcloud Welcome Mail.
- Enter a Subject for the default version of this email.
- Copy and paste the Email template included in the module to the content of the email template in WHMCS.
- Click save changes or translate the mail to other languages.
Add Product to WHMCS
You do not have to add a Server (
Setup -> Products/Services -> Servers) but instead you need to add a product directly.
- Please go to
Setup -> Products/Services -> Products/Servicesand make a new product group by pressing
Create a New Group. You may also use an existing group but that is up to you.
- After configuring your product group (Documentation) you can add your first Nextcloud service.
Create a New Productand select
Otheras Product Type.
- Now select your group you just created and enter a Product Name.
- After entering your product name select
Nextcloudas Module and click
- You will be redirected to the WHMCS product configuration page where you will need to enter more information about the product. Please make sure that the
Welcome Emailis set to the correct
Welcome Email Template(included in the module).
- Make sure that
Require Domainis not checked.
- Setup your pricing structure.
Module Settingsand make sure
Nextcloudis selected. Now enter the Admin Username and App Password we’ve previously generated.
- Enter your cloud URL using the following format. Make sure you do not enter the protocol (this Module always uses HTTPS) and no trailing slash.
- If you use a subdomain: subdomain.domain.tld
- If you use a subdirectory: domain.tld/directory
- If you use a full domain: domain.tld
- Now enter the Quota. With the applicable format (e.g. 10GB or 1TB).
- If needed, enter a group or groups seperated with a comma. These groups need to be already setup by a Nextcloud system adminstrator.
- We recommend setting the automatic provisioning to
Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received.
- Make sure NO server group is selected.
- Now Save the product and repeat these steps for the different services you are offering. You may also duplicate products.
- You’re done! You can start offering Nextcloud services to your customers.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Nextcloud Provisioning Module to your WHMCS installation. If you need help please don’t hesitate to contact us.